Sunday, July 29, 2012

Figs

My good friend Susan provided us with ripe figs......YUM. Thank you Susan.



I stuffed them with goat cheese, wrapped them in prosciutto, and sprayed them with oil.....you know, like pam


I fired up the Big Green Egg with lump charcoal and oak wood. Got it to about 600 then closed the vent and the damper all the way. I then put the figs, in the pan you see here, onto the griill.  They cooked but the proscutto did not stick to the grill this way.  When temp fell to 400, I cracked the vent and damper about a quarter inch.  The figs cooked all the way thru and the prosciutto was crispy in about 25 minutes.





 Kim added these to an arugula salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Nice smoky taste but not overwhelming.
Twas good......








Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment