Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Clafoutis and Flaugnarde

Print this Recipe

I didn't know about these until I discovered a recipe on ThePioneerWoman.com . I have made a few and they are really tasty. It's fruit covered with thick flan like custard, and baked. The clafoutis is made with cherries. When other fruits are used, it is a flaugnarde.......I like saying both words....my wife is tired of hearing them.
I have made apple, pear and cherry.  Pear was best so far. We will see how a blackberry one goes over on Thanksgiving at Mom's house.

Pear Flaugnarde

 Peel, core and slice two pears. Arrange in a pinwheel fashion in a buttered pie dish.
Break up 3 eggs with a fork or whip, then add 2 cups of half and half (or milk), 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 cup flour, 2 tsp vanilla extract, pinch of salt. Pour over the fruit. Bake at 375 for 50 minutes.  Done.



 Here are a couple of pics of the cherry clafoutis.



No comments:

Post a Comment